- This event has passed.
Lit Up Celebrates Roxane Gay
September 29 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Fundraising event via Zoom
Don’t miss GrubStreet’s annual literary showcase and fundraiser, Lit Up! Your participation in this online event will celebrate our multicultural community of writers and increase equitable access to writing and publishing opportunities. Join us online on September 29th at 7:30pm and you’ll get to enjoy:
- A special appearance by Roxane Gay (below), best-selling author of Bad Feminist, Difficult Women, Hunger, and many others, and recipient of our 2021 Grubby Award.
- Inspired literary performances by GrubStreet community members Boyah Farah, Hassan Sharif, and Milo Todd.
- A sneak peek at GrubStreet’s new center for creative writing in the Seaport.
- The chance to bid on exciting items and experiences (full list coming soon!)
Your participation in and giving to 2021 Lit Up will help:
- expand financial aid for teens and adults to take writing classes and attend the Muse and the Marketplace, GrubStreet’s annual writers’ conference.
- amplify the voices of Black writers and writers of color through increased networking events, retreats, and publishing resources for the Boston Writers of Color Group.
- continue GrubStreet’s new teaching fellowships, which provide financial and professional development support to two self-identified Black writers interested to teach and deepen GrubStreet’s curriculum.
Read more about the impact you’ll have by supporting Lit Up. Thank you for your commitment and generosity to this community of writers.
To buy tickets and/or make a donation, click HERE.